Sunday, January 15, 2012

January - Garden Bloggers Bloom Day

The 15th of every month garden writers throughout the blogosphere take part in this monthly event originated by May Dreams Gardens. It's an opportunity to observe and comment on what plants/flowers are thriving in gardens throughout the US and the world.


I know there will be some beautiful images submitted for the January GBBD and I'm equally confident these won't be on the top 10 list. However - I couldn't resist showing off our tomatoes.


Here on the Gulf Coast we receive milder temps than most areas of the US BUT tomatoes in January? That's even unusual for us. The plants keep putting out new clusters despite their rough appearance.


They taste great - so much better than the tomatoes we're getting from Mexico right now. Sorry - I couldn't resist including a little horticultural humor.


If this is global warming I'm all for it!

Be sure to check out May Dreams Gardens for more Bloom Day posts.