Monday, July 25, 2011

Curb Appeal - Galveston Style...

We have a very "diverse" landscape style here on Galveston Island. Everything from formal gardens to whimsical weekenders. As I cruise around on my bicycle I ALWAYS see gardens that make me smile. So - I thought I'd start sharing some of these images on GG.

Galveston Lion Hunt...
So what's the deal with all the concrete lions around Galveston. I was originally going to do a pictorial on doorway/entry statuary - you know, gargoyles, geese, bunnies, monkeys, etc (all of which I have pics of). But I kept running across lions. In fact, it's become kind of a running joke as we drive around town. It's the Galveston Island Lion Hunt. Here are a few examples. 

a
Fancy Lions

Caged Lions

Little Lions


Big Fricken Lion...

This isn't even a fraction of the concrete cats scattered across the island. Once you start looking, they're everywhere. BUT don't go lion hunting unless you're serious - it can become addictive...

For more information be sure to visit the GG website http://www.galvestongardening.com/